Friday, March 2, 2012

I have gone about as far as I can with Melvin L. Becker Sr., although I may be able to add more if I make contact with some descendants. Right now I have the following:

Melvin L. Becker Sr.

In 1923 or 1924, Melvin was born to Rosella and Fred Becker in Michigan. He moved with his parents to Chicago and continued living there with his mother following her divorce. On 13 February 1942, Melvin wed Clara Lumpp in a civil service in Chicago.
Clara was one of at least ten children of Chicagoans Joseph John and Meta Marie (Hofsaes) Lumpp. Joseph and Meta were wed in Chicago 18 September 1909, and Clara one of the last born children, was born in 1924 or 1925.
Clara and Melvin had four children: Melvin Louis Jr., Timothy, Charlotte, and Meta, the latter named after her grandmother. Timothy and Melvin are deceased, Melvin Jr. only recently (on 29 November 2010).

If I have some facts wrong, please contact me. Now, on to William Becker.

No comments:

Post a Comment